Saturday, September 17, 2005

Do the Kraftwerk Robot Dance!

The thought of this keeps flashing in my mind everytime I listen to Kraftwerk and noticed I hadn't blogged it out yet. Is this guy awesome or what? Btw, the song is a bit unclear but it is indeed "Expo 2000".

On another (but Kraftwerk-related) note, I managed to get myself a virtual copy of their Minimum-Maximum live album. Call me batshit insane and whack me silly, but I keep noticing that certain songs and tunes on TV could also be found from Kraftwerk's songs. Thing is, most of their albums were created in the 1970s. In 1971, ABBA, Evlis Presley and Elton John were all the rage but Kraftwerk stuck out like a sore thumb in the scene and started creating music way ahead of their time. They even have been credited for single-handedly creating the entire eletronic music genre, and one of the few bands to have weilded as much influence in the music scene as The Beatles. Could you imagine that thirty-odd years old songs could sound that futuristic even today? They truly are teh bomb.

I haven't been able to get my hands on any of their albums (but one did manage to pass through a local music store), but until I own an actual copy of the album, then I only truly consider to have own it. Oh what the heck, there's no pride in downloading from a torrent. Therefore I'm not really a pirate (according to Edmund). :P

Related links:
Everything you need to know about Kraftwerk.
Listen to the first disc of Minimum-Maximum at mp3.com through streaming here.
Kraftwerk at their record label's website (additional streaming audio and video available).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do have weird music tastes =\

Anonymous said...

aww.....don't worry just think of it as a beta testing just deleted after you find the CD. That is if you can find it O.o Tower records none? why not go disc & dats near island plaza?
but of course.. after the trail *swt*

Anonymous said...

aww.....don't worry just think of it as a beta testing just deleted after you find the CD. That is if you can find it O.o Tower records none? why not go disc & dats near island plaza?
but of course.. after the trail *swt*