Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Le Tour de Langkawi is Here!

Another year, another edition of Le Tour de Langkawi! It's definitely a fascinating race to watch, it's just a pity that it's not available live on free-to-air TV, and we have to settle for a summarised show at 7:30pm on TV3. Blargh.

Was hoping that the race would make its way back to Langkawi this time round and hopefully pass through Penang, but I guess closing off the Penang Bridge nearing the Chinese New Year season would be a very very very bad decision. I just hope I can get to participate as a spectator at the finish line though in the future. :P

As for the cyclists, am rooting for the Malaysian national team of course! First noticed Sharulneeza Razali since his silver-medal winning performance in the 1998 KL Commonwealth Games in the road race. Surprised that he's still participating even until now. Jojo Struys of Kopitiam fame is also the presenter for this edition of the race, along with two Westerners behind the screens which I can't remember their names at the moment. For the moment the races seem to be pretty interesting, Genting's gonna pull in the money, crowd and publicity of being the finishing line at one of those stages.

Anyways, I don't know why but I just can't describe the allure of watching bicycle races like this, but heck since Kraftwerk's such a rabid fan of Tour de France, I'm also getting in the groove. That reminds me, I'm also giving Tour de France Soundtracks another spin... err, I meant listen. Review's either coming up soon or it's gonna come up during this year's edition of Tour de France. ;)

By the way, wouldn't a Le Tour de Langkawi Soundtracks album sound good? I'd get it if it exists! :D

External links:

- Official site of Le Tour de Langkawi
- Le Tour de Langkawi at Wikipedia (I need to expand and add more content to the article though)
- Tour de France Soundtracks at Wikipedia

Technorati tag:

1 comment:

me said...

erm....hi.....sorry to say this....you have been tagged. kekekeke