Saturday, June 26, 2004

Forums about Gmail

If you ask me, my top choice would be Gmails.co.uk (aka GoogleGmails). So, if you have any questions about Gmails or would like to discuss about it, Gmails.co.uk is a good place to do so...

On the other hand, although GmailForums are currently the biggest Gmails forum around. The admins there are very strict about the promotion aspect and they remove unauthorised links in threads. My guess would be that they're terrified that they'll lose their members... Hmph... The admins there rejected my request for authorisation to insert a link to Gmails.co.uk in my signature! The reason was that they didn't want a forum with a similar topic to be promoted in their forums. WTF?

Imho, a signature on forums is for signing out of a post, a spot for some creativity, or even a little piece of real estate on the internet for the owner to do whatever the hell he/she likes as long as it doesn't violates the Terms and Conditions of the forum (set by the creators of Invision forum, not the admins). It's personal space that's visible to the public. Everybody can see it but yet nobody should touch it. Despite the reject notice, I said "screw them all" and put the link in it. I also posted a topic that questioned the authorisation of promotions in GmailForums. 12 views, no replies yet, waiting for it to be deleted and me get banned from the forum)

Here's the screenshot, I'm getting more and more guilty about my post actually... Hm...

[Edit]: Yeh, the overwhelming guilt has made me edit it and replace my piece of flame bait with an apology. Well, luckily for me, he accepted it... I feel stupid for doing it in the first place... >_< Oh well, at least I have the screenshot for memories...

No comments: