Monday, June 07, 2004

Most Beautiful Mom Contest

Actually I'm not talking about my mom, but my sister (half-sister to be exact). The event was held at Gurney Plaza on May 20, 2004 and scans of the newspaper article is available here and here. I couldn't get the 2 parts to merge and instead screwed it up, heheh... My sister is Angie and wearing the pink top and pink shorts, sadly she didn't win any prize! I suspect something fishy with the organisers... And because of that, I'll let you judge. Here are some of the photos I took at the event!

I know it's not very clear, sorry lah, cheap camera...



After that, a Bernama reporter and a cameraman interviewed the winner while me, mom, sis and second sis went back after dinner at the food court there. I heard from my mom that she cried for 2 days after she went home. She cried even harder after seeing that the story and photos were published in almost every Chinese daily in Penang! I knew she was unfairly judged but what to do? What could anybody do?

On another note, I released the book A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive in the flyer rack on the information counter facing the stage.

No comments: