Sunday, June 06, 2004

Genting Trip - Part 2


(104.4 FM Penang)
Fire by Babyface feat Des'ree

---------------------------------
You're riding in my car
I turn on the radio
I'm pulling you closer
But you keep tellin' me no
You say you don't like it
But I know you're a liar
'Cause when we kiss
Ooh...

Fire

Late at night
You're taking me home
You say you wanna stay
But I want you to go
Say I don't love you
But you know I'm a liar
'Cause when we kiss
Ooh...

Fire

You had a hold on me right from the start
A grip so tight I couldn't tear it apart
My nerves all jumpin' actin' like a fool
Well my kisses might burn
But my heart stays cool

Well Romeo and Juliet
Sampson and Delilah
Baby you can bet
They were burnin' with desire
If I say split
Then I know that I'd be lying
'Cause when we kiss
Ooh...

Fire

When we kiss
I'm on fire
Your tenderness
Gives me desire
I can't resist
Your tender lips
When we kiss
Ooh...

Fire

When we kiss
I'm on fire
Your tenderness
Gives me desire
I can't resist
Your tender lips
When we kiss
Ooh...

Fire

Lyrics Copyright (c) 2004 Sony Music Entertainment (M) Sdn Bhd
---------------------------------

After a short nap in the car, I found myself somewhere in Hulu Selangor. I think this would be the first time in 3 years I had stepped out of Penang state land. Pretty long time, huh? Soon out of boredom, I noticed road markers incidating the listance left to Genting: 44 KMs left... sigh... Somewhere along the route, we passed by Gohtong Jaya, most probably named after the founder of Genting, Lim Goh Tong. One could imagine the effort and money invested in the building of this majestic structure in the middle of the mountains and the brilliance of the old fart. The construction in Genting has also led to the developement of housing estate, Gohtong Jaya.

The road became steeper and winding by the metre. Thank God nobody threw up on the way up. Mom closed her eyes to avoid looking at the road while the cute kid had his head put in the middle of the front seats and still smiling. We passed Ria Apartments and several Genting Hotels and we were approaching First World Hotel. We got off at the lobby and brought the bags together to the check-in counter. It was the first time since my brother's wedding I last saw my brother-in-law's nephew. He was a year younger and definately looking more stylish than me. The time was roughly 4pm while check-in time was 3pm. In short, we wasted an hour of our room time, I demand compensation! XD Okay, that was a lame joke...

So anyway after 30 minutes of waiting, we got our cards and headed towards our respective rooms. The 11°C written on the thermostats in the lobby reminded me how low the temperature was in Genting. I saw a flyer rack promoting Annie - The Musical and knew immediately that was my first choice to release a book! After an elevator ride to the 6th floor, we walked along the quiet corridors and pass the cleaners cleaning some of the rooms. When we got to rooms 6 616 and 6 617, it turns out that the cleaners haven't even cleaned it up yet! So much for the 3pm check-in, hmph... My brother, sister-in-law and their kid, Me and my mom were staying in room 6 616 while the rest slept in the other room. First thing we noticed about it was the view of the mountain side, woo it was cool! Piles of rubbish thrown by the previous tenants were starting to collect at the window ledge. Those irresponsible people... Another thing we noticed was the doors that link to both rooms. It was almost sure that the 2 spoilt twats are going to give everybody a rousing wake-up each morning.

After we got all of the bags in the room and the kids got a chance to jump around on the mattress, it's off to the nearest restaurant! We took the escalator up to the 2nd floor and we stumbled upon a shopping complex in the same building! (Okay, it wasn't exactly "stumbled" but I didn't knew that much about Genting... XD ) The nearest restaurant in this case was the Hainan Kitchen. We were quickly seated at 2 different tables since the 10 of us couldn't fit in one table. I knew this was bad news, let's just say this was an instinct, heheh... Sister's family and maid was on the other table while I sat with brother's one.

4 plates of fried pork with sour sauce and rice, some bread arrived at the table. The pork was so tough I think it blunted the knives. The other table seemed to be very enjoying their meals. I suggested ordering the curry rice but the others wanted pork. Bad idea. Each plate costed RM10 and I felt really guilty to my brother-in-law, who was footing the bill if I didn't finish it. After all, rich people are known to be more stingier than less rich people and my bro-in-law doesn't waste food's still edible.

Desert came when we finished our meal and we got ice-cream! *Dances like a hyperactive kid on sugar* XD I think I'll skip the part where the incompetent waiters had forgotten about my ice-cream... >_< Food in Genting are usually overpriced but I'd have to say this restaurant is worth it. The drinks, on the other hand, are rip-offs! RM5 for a cup of iced lemon tea? That's daylight robbery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CheeV (http://cheev.theuseless.com) sayz:

RM5 for a cup of iced lemon tea?~ <--- That's a "reasonable" price in Genting. :P

Andy said...

The temperature drops to 5°C once the mist hits you in the outdoors at about 4pm. Normal temperatures would be 11°C. =)