Saturday, October 16, 2004

Back back BACK!

Yes I'm back and ready to go! The phone line was reconnected sometime today and I'm getting online through a dial-up connection... Well it's better than nothing I say... =P Broadband bills still haven't paid yet, deadline on Friday 22... Looking forward to the free Streamyx upgrade to 512 Kbps on November 1... =)

Fared quite okay during the period without an internet connection, which was roughly 4 days and thankfully, there ware no signs of addiction withdrawal syndromes... XD Finally figured what was wrong with accessing Yahoo! Mail through WAP, I had set my cookies to expire (at the maximum) 24 hours since I last logged in and accessing the messenger feature somehow screwed it up by not letting me sign out properly when I exited it, therefore leaving me perpetually logged out and unable to sign in. Being able to check your e-mail once every 24 hours, now that's called torture...

Okay, started reading on Jung Chang's Wild Swans, prepped up for the book by reading a bit about communist China through Encarta... Things are placed in proper perspective once you get to know more about it...

Today almost kena rotan (got caned) by the disciplinary teacher for arriving in class late, turns out that I wasn't the only one who were singled out by the bitchy teacher, who reported us to him... She even exaggerated the time of entering class by at least a whole 10 minutes! This won't make her any more likeable throughout the school, that I'm sure... =) Bad news personally brought by the butt-kissing Form 2 monitor during science class, which was a lesson before recess... He's always bad news for me... Anyway, got out of the situation after recess by explaining clearly that I'd forgotten to prepare food for recess at the last minute, putting my bet on "can't concentrate on a hungry stomach"... After that I actually lost appetite during recess knowing that you're at the receiving end of 3 strokes...

No worries about it actually, the police station is just a stone's throw away from the school... Nice knowing that there were actually cases where students reported canings by teachers to the police, read about one such incident in The Star sometime ago... It happened in Malacca, the punishment was less severe that what was usually happening right here in this school but regardless he was reported... I'm taking a page out of this fella... =) I'm also sure that the disciplinary teacher knows that we, the Form 4 students tend to be more aware of our rights, including the ability to (a) lodge police reports and (b) request parent to punch said teacher... (Well, actually it's an ability, not a right exactly... The latter incident happened 2 years ago, too bad he punched the wrong teacher... He turned up in class with a black eye and lacking glasses...)

I'm going vegetarian for 9 days straight for the festival... Already in day 2 and staying strong... It ends exactly next week... Not particularly excited about the thought of eating meat after this through, I've found several places that make excellent mock fish and meat, believe it or not! Refreshing change...

Finally finished playing Homeworld, it's been almost 3 years since I first played that game... Extremely eager to get my hands on Homeworld 2... =) Btw, am considering on buying a webcam this weekend, TGIF baby! XD

Censorship sucks... As with the case of censors personnel at the censorship board, I'd advise them to step back a couple of feet and admire at their horrible masterpieces consisting of storyline stripping and the inability to swallow jokes... Examples would be Jackie Chan's Rumble in the Bronx and David Letterman's show... I really admire Singapore's open-mindedness on issues such as discussions on sex, here the censorship board even censors out the word "sex"... This is just unbelievable... -__-

Received tri-weekly dose of propaganda in Moral Studies class, it's right up to the point of glurgy when you read a textbook that keeps praising your own country on its "freedom of speech" and "freedom of religion" and heck, even on the ISA... The whole book is laden with POVs and propaganda... Enuff said... I'm all for scrapping Moral Studies if the Education Ministry ever decides to do so...

I think that's enough ranting now, I think the absence of blogging for 4 days really unleashed a torrent of thoughts and rants... =P Wrapping up now...

The first thing my Moral Studies teacher said when she entered the class was "hari ini saya berpuasa, tak makan apa-apa, nanti saya hendak makan orang..." That drew some chuckes from the class... That reminds me...

Selamat Berbuka Puasa to those who are fasting in the month of Ramadan!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay you're back! I'm also looking foward to the Streamyx upgrade. Hope you get your broadband connection back soon.

Andy said...

GC: I won't ask... XD Your evil plans are doomed for failure I say!

Nicole: I'm hoping for that soon too... *Crosses fingers*